Straand Hotel: Canal package from Skien –accommodation in Vrådal
19 Mai 2021 - 4 September 2021
Experience an eventful trip on the Telemark Canal and accommodation in the historical Straand Hotel in Vrådal. Throughout the canal trip you will sail through 7 impressive lock-systems, including Vrangfoss, which is the largest lock system of the canal with its 5 lock chambers.
The trip includes river sailing and at the end an idyllic sailing towards Kviteseid or Spjotsodd.
The package includes boat trip from Skien to Kviteseid/Spjotsodd, transfer with the hotel buss/car from the canal boat to the hotel and accommodation, 2 nights with dinner and breakfast on Straand Hotel in Vrådal.
Return by bus to Skien on the last day.
- 07:50 Meet at Hjellebrygga pier in Skien.
- 08:10 Departure with M/S Henrik Ibsen or M/S Victoria from Skien.
- 16:00 Arrival at Spjotsodd pier (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday)
- 16.20 Arrival at Kviteseid pier (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday)
- Transfer to the hotel (ca.15-minute drive from Spjotsodd and ca.20-minute drive from Kviteseid).
- Accommodation at Straand Hotel.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- 08:00 – 10:00 Breakfast at the hotel
Enjoy the day in Vrådal. Og for a hike, rent a bicycle or a canoe or just relax! There is a golf course close by. The hotel has a large terrace where you can enjoy a drink or a light meal with a great view of the lake and the mountains. There is also a summer café by the lake with a beach and a playground. The hotel runs a veteran sightseeing boat with which you can enjoy a 2-hour cruise on the lake.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- Kl. 08:00-10:00 Breakfast at the hotel.
- Kl. 14:25 (Saturday and Sunday 14.40) bus departure from Vrådal bus station.
Walking distance from the hotel to the bus stop is approximately 600 meters.
The hotel may be helpful with transfer to the bus stop on request.
- Kl. 17:05 Arrival Skien bus station.
For more information regarding addresses and parking by Hjellebrygga pier in Skien, visit the page found under About the canal / Stops along the canal.
There is a café/restaurant on board the canal boats.
Straand Hotel is one of Telemarks leading hotels. Straand is a part of “Historic Hotels & Restaurants” and is known for its nice atmosphere and lovely food.